Electrical buyers club will provide the safest and most secure shopping experience available, and will take the security of your personal details very seriously.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and what we will do with the information. The conditions of which we will not disclose to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to the policy below.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Are We?
Electrical buyers club is an online electrical wholesaler which is ran by TLC Synergy Limited. The company TLC Synergy Ltd is based in Shropshire. VAT Number 33189016
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and/or services, when you purchase our products, or if you register to receive one of our newsletters or catalogues.
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect information about you for 2 reasons:
- To process your order and secondly
- To provide you with the best possible service.
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you purchase a product from us, we will also have your invoice and delivery details. For each visitor to our web site, we aggregate information on what pages customers’ access or visit, information volunteered by the customer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used to notify customers and potential customers about our products and services or updates to our web site, not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process orders that you have submitted.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered in by you or us.
- Deal with entries into a promotion or competition.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about new products, promotions, or delivery tracking information.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the avoidance of money laundering). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties and we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit permission.
Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example delivering goods to you, satisfaction surveys or collection of payment).
However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime we will not release your information to third parties outside the TLC Synergy Limited Company for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes.
The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We use industry leading secure server technology that implements Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to protect your details and assist your shopping experience. SSL is the industry standard for encryption and enables millions of secure online transactions on a daily basis.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then please email us your concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or you could also press the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the advertising email.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are continually working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, or you wish us to delete or ‘forget’ your information, please email us at email@example.com
The following functionality requires cookies to be enabled on our website:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket.
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You do not need to be logged in to complete an order unless you are a trade customer.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously):
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics.
- Targeting Cookies – Please note that these cookies do not contain or pass any personal, confidential or financial information or any other information that could be used to identify individual visitors or customers purchasing from our web site.
Processing of data under GDPR.
To ensure compliance with the GDPR, Electrical buyers club uses one or more legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Consent – where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract – where you are a customer, or are in negotiations to become a customer.
- Legal obligation – where the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
- Legitimate interests – where it is in yours and our legitimate business interests that we process your data, we’re using that data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. An example of this would be where we send you information about our products that may be relevant to your work.
- We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in April 2019.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us. If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from Electrical buyers club then please use the link named “Unsubscribe” located at the bottom of all of our marketing emails. Alternatively you may unsubscribe via email to one of our team who would reply within 12 hours.